Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Sebarau Hunting Gear....

People had been telling me on various type of Rapala Shad Rap that they use to hunt sebarau, ranging from Perch (P), Fire Tiger (FT), Crawdad (CW), Shad (SD), Silver (S), Clown (CLN) and etc. For me, the favourite color would be Crawdad (CW), most of my catch are using this color, although other color such as FT or P did get me some fish.

I've been asking my friends on what size of Rapala Shad Rap lure are most suitable for sebarau casting, the most common one is SR8/SSR8. Personally, I feel that the size 8 Shad Rap are most suitable for casting (correct me if I'm wrong.). This is because Size 7 is too light to cast and size 9 are too heavy to retrieve.



Rapala Shad Rap CW/BCF/GF


Rapala SR & SSR Perch.
This color had been added to my lure collection as this is the favourite color to fish at Sg. Mardek, Kuala Berang


Rapala X-Rap Shad


Rapala Tail Dancer TD7 & Minnow Rap MR7


Yozuri Altima & Vision Island


Rapala DT4 FT & Perch


Rapala SSR8 FT



Storm/Halco/Ecogear

My Fishing Rod and Reel:-

Shimano Axis 101

NCH Hi-Power rod

The Shimano Axis & NCH rod had been helping me in most of my sebarau hunting trip. The rod is less than RM100 but it had proven it's quality beyond doubt as a 2.1kg sebarau had been landed using this rod.


My latest addition Shimano Conquest 100 + Rapalero Rod

2 comments:

  1. Good arsenal of lures there. The shad raps are the most universal lure for our tropical fish...especially Sebarau. Anyway, I've been landing on your page to see if there are any updates but the last post was in 2010!
    Are you still fishing? It will be great if you still have some new posts on your fishing adventure.
    Tight lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You and I have a keen present: What Home Renovation Expenses Are Tax Deductible house renovation services

    ReplyDelete